Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/24 23:07:19 UTC

[POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Dear incubator PMC members,

Folks are hard at work on Apollo, Hermes and Muse...they are making a
incubated-beta release tomorrow. There are a few (at least one!) more
committers who will be joining shortly. Only pending issue is the name
changes after a legal review. The new names (and url's) are as
follows:

Apache Muse - http://incubator.apache.org/muse/
Apache WSRF (was Apollo) - http://incubator.apache.org/apollo/
Apache Message Broker  (was Hermes) - http://incubator.apache.org/hermes/

Any issues, concerns before i place a formal VOTE?

Thanks,
dims

PS: I need to get these out of incubation so that i can concentrate on
TSIK/Harmony :)

Re: [POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me, knowing that you (as the mentor) approve of the
release, and assuming the incubation release branding guidelines are
being followed.

Thanks for the note.  I think some prefer to see votes for releases
done on this list, but I'm personally fine with a note like this and
the actual voting on each dev list (with binding votes coming from the
ppmcs).

Cliff

Re: [POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
I'm +1

Re: [POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Companies:
Apollo (HP, Globus, CA and Stefan - Individual)
Hermes (HP, Globus, CA and Stefan - Individual)
Muse (HP, Globus and CA)

Committers:
ws-apollo=dims,stevel,ips,scamp,gawor,meder,mazz,wire,lischke,kidz
ws-hermes=dims,stevel,ips,scamp,gawor,meder,mazz,wire,lischke,kidz
ws-muse=dims,stevel,ips,scamp,gawor,meder,mazz,wire,kidz

Pipeline:
- One additional commiter from CA (Mike) for Hermes
- Hitachi folks will join muse soon (not sure when)
- Folks from Gestalt have shown interest in all 3 projects.

Thanks,
dims

Re: [POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Cliff,

am asking about concerns before asking for a formal VOTE.

thanks,
dims

Re: [POLL] Apollo, Hermes, Muse

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.