Posted to mirrors@apache.org by John Donagher <jo...@webmeta.com> on 2001/06/04 19:45:57 UTC

Re: Mirror Scrub Time

> http://apache.webmeta.com/dist/

Should be taken care of (for now). Please note, that nightly updates were and
are continuing to run; however this message was showing up in my logs:

receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
done
IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
wrote 89 bytes  read 41768 bytes  27904.67 bytes/sec
total size is 579333209  speedup is 13840.77

This was stopping the rsync prematurely. The "bugs" directory is chmod'd to
020, oddly enough. I removed it, ran rsync again, and the directory was
recreated, with the same mode. I had to run rsync with the --exclude "bugs"
argument in order for it to finish correctly.

John

--

John Donagher
Application Engineer

Public key available off http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 4024 DF50 56EE 19A3 258A  D628 22DE AD56 EEBE 8DDD

Re: Mirror Scrub Time

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>.
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Darren Boyd wrote:

rsync has some error checking and will not delete *any* files, unless
you specify --force-delete (bad idea) if it detects what it sees as
"problems".

you should specifically exclude the bugs area (it has had those permissions
for more than a year now)

i have asked a few days ago for the aix binaries permissions to be changed
but i can't remember if there was a response.  if you exclude them now, you
might need to `undo' the exclude later when its fixed, to maintain a complete
mirror.

with the recent breakins at sf/ao and "real world" work, i figure the
apache.org people are swamped.  i am not sure what we can do to help them
though.

regards,

-jason

Re: Mirror Scrub Time

Posted by Darren Boyd <db...@cal.montage.ca>.
John Donagher wrote:

> Should be taken care of (for now). Please note, that nightly updates were and
> are continuing to run; however this message was showing up in my logs:
>
> receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
> done
> IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
> wrote 89 bytes  read 41768 bytes  27904.67 bytes/sec
> total size is 579333209  speedup is 13840.77

http://apache.cal.montage.ca/ is receiving similar errors, except on
binaries...

IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
send_files failed to open
dist/httpd/binaries/aix/apache_1.3.19-000831214C00-ibm
-aix4.3.README: Permission denied

There are about 20 of these messages, all under .../binaries/aix/

So, I added "--exclude binaries" to the command and then got this...

receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
done
IO error encountered - skipping file deletion

So, I added "--exclude bugs" to the command (the "--exclude binaries"
was left in the command, and got this...

receiving file list ... done
wrote 117 bytes  read 30181 bytes  20198.67 bytes/sec
total size is 284177740  speedup is 9379.42

It appears now that the site is up to date (excepet for the items that I
had to exclude).

Are these problems on my end?  Is there something I should be doing to
avoid these "IO errors?"  Please excuse my inexperience with rsync :).

Thanks,
Darren