Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com> on 2017/10/25 17:25:15 UTC

convenience repos for non-intel arches

Hey friends,

I find the deb/rpm repos extremely useful for installing bigtop pkgs.  As
mentioned during the vote for 1.2.1, repos for ppc64le do not yet exist. I
can see the ppc64le CI trunk repo includes noarch packages for x86/arm and
the arch specific bits for ppc:

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-repos/OS=ubuntu-16.04-ppc64le,label=docker-slave/ws/output/apt/dists/bigtop/contrib/

And in fact, this repo is usable to install trunk packages on a ppc64le
system. What's not clear to me is how a CI repo becomes the real deal
hosted over at repos.bigtop.apache.org.  Can anyone shed some light on the
process to make an official 1.2.1 repo for non-intel arches?

Thanks,
-Kevin

Re: convenience repos for non-intel arches

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Checkout https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release

I added "5. Build and run Package and Smoke Tests".