Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amitabh Choudhury <am...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/13 15:38:14 UTC

Reconfigure Netbeans 14 JDK 18 defaults

Hello.

I am using Netbeans 14 with JDK 18. All was well for months, until I
started project on Java SQL.

This project required java.sql and I was unable to import.

So I checked the settings. (Screenshots attached)

Though Java 18, is the default, java.sql isn't available in the Libraries.

Please guide to include java.sql package in the default Libraries.

Screen shot of the settings is included

Warm wishes
~~~
Amitabh Choudhury

Re: Reconfigure Netbeans 14 JDK 18 defaults

Posted by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com>.
Amitabh,

In your module.info file for each module that needs access to the Java
SQL API, you must put the following:

module my.module.name {

     requires java.sql;

     // Rest of your module configuration, such as exports, uses,
provides, etc.

}

Since the Java SQL API is not in the java.base module in the JDK, you
need to "requires" the SQL API on its own.

-SC

Posted by Amitabh Choudhury <am...@gmail.com>.
As noted....