Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glen Stormbind <gl...@nuws.net> on 2002/09/16 13:05:25 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite how to?

Hi all,

This is the issue: I'm using a lot of query_strings but robots generally
ignore them (sp. googlebot) so I would like to have mod_rewrite to the
rescue.

If the URL query.shtml could rewritten as index.shtml?query without
changing the URL client-side, then that would be cool.

I don't understand mod_rewrite so would really appreciate it if someone
with experience could give the solution or perhaps you can suggest an
alternative workaround?

Thanks :)
--Glen