Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/06/19 11:23:04 UTC

Replacing & by &???

Hello,

what can I do to replace &amp; by & on end of the pipeline because I
need the & to build a uri with parameters but what I get ist &amp;

I'm using the HTMLSerializer for output (and need this one).

Thank you.

Regards
Stephan

Re: Replacing & by &???

Posted by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 19.06.2004 11:23, Stephan Coboos wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what can I do to replace &amp; by & on end of the pipeline because I
>> need the & to build a uri with parameters but what I get ist &amp;
>>
>> I'm using the HTMLSerializer for output (and need this one).
>

> Even in HTML & should be replaced with &amp; instead of the other way
> around. Only loose browsers allowed the lazy developers to use &. So
> just for building uris there is no need for replacing &amp; with &. &
> is preserved for character and entity references.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/charset.html#h-5.3.2:
>
> "Authors should use "&amp;" (ASCII decimal 38) instead of "&" to avoid
> confusion with the beginning of a character reference (entity
> reference open delimiter). Authors should also use "&amp;" in
> attribute values since character references are allowed within CDATA
> attribute values."
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#h-B.3.2.2
>
> Joerg

Ahh, I see. That's good! Thank you.

Stephan

Re: Replacing & by &???

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: Replacing & by &???

Posted by Freddy <ne...@necroshine.de>.
Hi Stephan!

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 11:23, Stephan Coboos wrote:
> what can I do to replace &amp; by & on end of the pipeline because I
> need the & to build a uri with parameters but what I get ist &amp;

I'm not sure if this is exactly your problem, but you can try to use
&#38; insead of &amp; - that works for me.

Freddy