Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/30 06:08:27 UTC

[apacheds] How to get user-provided DN?

Hi all,
 I'm curious how can I get user-provided DN instead of normalized DN.
Anybody knows how to get it?
 If there's no way, we'd better provide one.
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [apacheds] How to get user-provided DN?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm curious how can I get user-provided DN instead of normalized DN.
> Anybody knows how to get it?

Note that the add() operation automatically gets the user provided DN
and the normalized DN.  All entries maintain the UPDN within the entry
as an operational attribute.   This operational attribute is required by
system indices within the default partition implementation.  The
operational attribute I think was _updn or something like that.

Alex