Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jbarciela jbarciela <jb...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/28 06:08:43 UTC

will it work in a Linode?

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience running a Wicket app in a memory
constrained server? It's going to be Ubuntu minimal, Wicket and H2
embedded database on a Linode (360 MB ram, $20/month).

Can I get even 1 req/s from that setup?

Thanks!
Jaime

Re: will it work in a Linode?

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jaime

I use a Linode plan myself, in this exact configuration (360MB ram-20$/M).
It runs on Ubuntu 8.10, with Apache2, Tomcat6, Mysql.
It's perfect for what i do with it : development, testing, and code
repository (Subversion).
But don't expect to host amazon.com on it !
360MB is the bare minimum.

Cheers

Landry

Re: will it work in a Linode?