Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us> on 2020/03/17 13:02:30 UTC

Make invokehttp to process faster to process more than 20k records

Hi all,

I have a queue which will be filling up with realtime records of around 20k
records. Which is posting to an endpoint using Invokehttp processor.

currently the average throughput is for 10k records it takes around 20
minutes to complete the invokehttp processor posting.
I  Increased the concurrent thread to larger number which is increasing the
throughput, but it is causing other processor to terminate. I think that
can be solved by running on larger instances.

What all things I need to take care to make sure I get a  real time posting
on endpoint.

I need 20k records to be processed as they receive it

thanks in advance

Midhun Mohan

Re: Make invokehttp to process faster to process more than 20k records.

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.
No overall thread pool I haven't changed. How can I change that?

 Nifi is running on a standalone aws instance. T2.medium I remember so that
leaves us with 2 cores I guess

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.
I new question then ideally nifi should run on which instance,  based on aws

Posted by Chad Zobrisky <cz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.
Yeah got it thank you.

Posted by Chad Zobrisky <cz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Looping over curl with bash would work too.

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Midhun Mohan <mi...@esginc.us>.
I actually went a bit ahead and tested the database and api load and it
seems very low on current setup. it is around .6 percent for database and
less than 50 percent for endpoint.
I am thinking like since am running it on t2.medium instance the bandwidth
and threads are slowing down the processor.

I am planning to migrate the instance to m5.2xlarge to test if the issue is
still there. what do you think?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com.INVALID>.
Unsubscribe