Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Andrew J. Erickson" <ae...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/11/07 03:08:38 UTC

[users@httpd] unresolved symbols in php-4.3.4RC2 on Apache 1.3.28/Mac OS X 10.2.8

Hello,

I'm attempting to get RequestTracker running on OS X. I've satisfied all of
the dependencies, but now PHP and DBI conflict because Apple's PHP module
uses the internal MySQL client code.

<http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.macosx/2476>

I've been trying to compile and install my own PHP module with the external
MySQL libraries... The compilation process works fine, but when I attempt
to start or restart Apache I get the following errors:

Apache configured with static ModPerl and ModSSL loaded dynamically.

PHP configure line:
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local --with-gdbm --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--disable-pear

> [iw2:/usr/libexec/httpd] root# apachectl configtest
> Syntax OK
> dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
> _getopt
> _optarg
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 184:  2662 Trace/BPT trap   $HTTPD -t

getopt and getarg are from libc if I am correct. I could not find any
information on this issue via Google and I received no comments from the
PHP-install list. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Andy