Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/09/19 19:23:41 UTC

Maven 3 & JIRA

Earlier in the year, we had some agreement to clean house on JIRA before Maven 3, but we ran out of collective steam.

I'm still looking at them from time to time, but losing track of what's new. I'm still finding some useful stuff in the older ones as well, and occasionally folks pop back up when prompted.

I'd like to suggest we move everything in ( 2.2.2,  2.2.x (to be reviewed), Unscheduled ) last updated before 1 Sep 2010 into "Issues to be reviewed for 3.x". That gives a historical bucket to gradually work through as time allows, but gets "Unscheduled" back in range of being kept up to date. IMO, that one should always be empty, or only contain issues still in discussion with the reporter before being fixed / scheduled for later.

Any objections?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Being "unassigned" is a good way for saying it hasn't been reviewed.
You could, if you wanted, assign it to a "Maven Developer" once
reviewed.

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Agree too.

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.

On Sep 20, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Ok, done (I didn't spam the issues list).
>
> So, there are 20 current issues in Unscheduled to review.
>
> On 20/09/2010, at 6:08 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
>
>> Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to suggest we move everything in ( 2.2.2,  2.2.x (to be reviewed), Unscheduled ) last updated before 1 Sep 2010 into "Issues to be reviewed for 3.x". [...]
>>>
>>> Any objections?
>>
>> Nope
>>

>> Benjamin

> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 3 & JIRA

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Brett Porter wrote:

> I'd like to suggest we move everything in ( 2.2.2,  2.2.x (to be reviewed), Unscheduled ) last updated before 1 Sep 2010 into "Issues to be reviewed for 3.x". [...]
>
> Any objections?

Nope

Benjamin