Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/11/21 21:15:41 UTC

Introductions -- from the "old" project members

We've recently read some great intros from the new list subscribers,
those who responded to the recent "Call for QA Volunteers".  This is
wonderful to read.  But to be polite, I think the existing active QA
folks should introduce themselves as well.

I'll start.

I'm Rob Weir.  If you read the blog post or the orientation modules
for new volunteers, that was me writing.   I'm working on recruitment
across all OpenOffice functions, trying to make it easier for
interested new volunteers to get started.  So if you have any feedback
or ideas on making this easier, feel free to send me a note.

On the QA side specifically, I help review new defect reports from
users, and verify them where I can.  In many cases these raw user
defect reports are really support questions or misunderstandings.  So
I either try to explain how things work in my response, or refer them
to our community support forums:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

I can test with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8, or Linux, 32 or 64 bit,
via virtual machines.  I keep a base image of each of the operating
systems, as well as a single base image on Windows XP for OOo 3.2, OOo
3.2.1, OOo 3.3, AOO 3.4.0 and AOO 3.4.0, as well as one with
LibreOffice and Microsoft Office.  This way I can quickly clone the
existing VM and test an upgrade scenario.   (I use VMWare, but
VirtualBox has similar capabilities).

I'm also very much interested in document interoperability, e.g., how
well OpenOffice renders Microsoft documents, and how well OpenOffice
documents are rendered in MS Office.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Introductions -- from the "old" project members

Posted by Linyi Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Welcome new volunteers:)
I am Li Lin Yi. I joined AOO for almost 1 year.
I did work about AOO test automation framework which included key feature
delivery, bug fix, code refactor and automation test cases. Recently I did
performance test of AOO. I also helped to do manual testing if needed.
Happy to work with all of you to make AOO better and  better~

--
Best wishes.
Linyi Li

RE: Introductions -- from the "old" project members

Posted by YangTerry <po...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Introductions -- from the "old" project members

Posted by Xue Fei Duan <du...@gmail.com>.