Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by qqqq <qq...@usermail.com> on 2006/08/11 20:23:01 UTC

Nailed by spam today?

Are you guys getting hit pretty hard today?  I don't have exact numbers but I see more activity than
normal.

QQQQ

Re: Nailed by spam today?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
No harder than usual since July 1. On that date, almost like a switch was
flipped, spam to my accounts here dropped about 50%. I've been wondering
about it. 250-300+ per day went down to 100 to 180 per day.

Now, as for ssh attacks and other port "activity" it's been pretty bad
lately. (WTF is on port 41126? DSL dropped. The new address seemed to
have had boxes from all over the world trying to connect on port 41126.
It was so bad the connection died. Hey, it's <hiss><spit>Verizon based
DSL. They don't maintain their wires very well.)

{o.o}
Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
qqqq wrote:
> Are you guys getting hit pretty hard today?  I don't have exact numbers but I see more activity than
> normal.
>
> QQQQ

We've been getting hammered off and on the past three weeks. I've seen a
large increase in dictionary attacks (nah nah nah milter-ahead) and
forms-phishing. Now the stocks are rising again. Came at a bad bad time
for us.

My smtp refusals are running about 120k to 140k per day, 80k to 90k are
getting in, and I'm delivering 25k. The rest are grabbed by SA and
MailScanner.

DAve

Veterans?