Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Arunkumar <pm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/01 20:28:26 UTC

LDAP integration with kafka brokers

Hi Group,

We have a requirement to integrate Kafka cluster with LDAP for authentication. I googled and I did not find much about it.
Out requirement is when a producer sends a message to a broker it would send producer credentials like topic to which it wants to write to and userId with passcode. We would like to authenticate it against out Enterprise LDAP server for authenticity. If there is no LDAP support available,  we are planning to customize the code. Any insight on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Arunkumar Pichaimuthu, PMP

Re: LDAP integration with kafka brokers

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
I dont know whether ldap can directly be integrated with kafka client and
server, but kafka can use kerberos type authentication.
While kerberos can integrate with AD for user store and authentication of
user.

Hope this is helpfull

Nixon