Posted to docs-cvs@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@develooper.com> on 2002/06/28 12:06:12 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/about/contributors edmund-mergl.txt

On 28 Jun 2002 ask@apache.org wrote:

>   I couldn't believe that Edmund Mergl was not in this list; so now he is. =)

I understand that module authors in general shouldn't go into this
list; but I think we can all agree that Apache::DBI is a quite
significant contribution. :-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/about/contributors edmund-mergl.txt

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 12:38 28.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>>On 28 Jun 2002 ask@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>  I couldn't believe that Edmund Mergl was not in this list; so now he
>>> is. =)
>>
>>I understand that module authors in general shouldn't go into this
>>list; but I think we can all agree that Apache::DBI is a quite
>>significant contribution. :-)
>
>How much is enough to be listed? That's not easy, but once you've added
>one 3rd party module author, why others are not eligible to be listed too?
>
>I don't mind that we list every single person who has ever contributed
>anything at all. It's just a matter of time and effort. So there is no
>need for an excuse/reasoning when adding someone, just go ahead and add ;)
>I think the bigger and comprehensive list we have the better for our community.

Yes, probably. As long as the concerned people send in their info or
someone else does it for them, and we don't have to dig to get it!

>I suggest that we add a note that if somebody feels left out, he/she will
>email us the info and we will add it. That's what I was doing with the
>guide's contribution list, but nobody has every asked for it (well I did
>have 200 people on the list :)

We already do have that, at the bottom.

>I'm also thinking that we need to add another page for the companies who
>directly or indirectly has contributed to mod_perl. Ask, want to start
>such a page?

Probably a good idea, yes.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/about/contributors edmund-mergl.txt

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.