Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Jagadeesan,Sivakumar" <si...@dhs.state.tx.us> on 2003/03/19 21:53:11 UTC

Commons -Logging and Log4J

Hi All:

I am using commons logging and Log 4 J in my web app that is deployed in
Tomcat.
I have commons-logging point to Log4 J and I have the Log4J configuration
file. But for some reason commons logging instead of using Log4J it using
the default logger and logging only in my console, not in the files that I
have defined in my Log4J configuration file

--Siva Jagadeesan

Re: Commons -Logging and Log4J

Posted by Stephen Westbom <sw...@yahoo.com>.
I bet you are not putting the commons-logging and log4j jar files in the web
app's lib directory in the deployment.  The server's class loaders just don't
see your configuration file.

http://platinum.yahoo.com

Re: Commons -Logging and Log4J

Posted by Thomas Lionel SMETS <ts...@brutele.be>.
Why don't youpost the config file + the directory structure so we
cangive them a look ;-)
Thomas,

Jagadeesan,Sivakumar wrote:

>     Hi All:
>
>     I am using commons logging and Log 4 J in my web app that is
>     deployed in Tomcat.
>     I have commons-logging point to Log4 J and I have the Log4J
>     configuration file. But for some reason commons logging instead of
>     using Log4J it using the default logger and logging only in my
>     console, not in the files that I have defined in my Log4J
>     configuration file
>
>     --Siva Jagadeesan

Thomas SMETS
SCJP2 - Brussels