Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com> on 1999/10/11 12:10:56 UTC

Chinese letters

Is it possible to insert a filter mechanism in the listserver, s� settings for chinese letters are removed from messages. I mean this is an english speaking thread, and people with chinese enabled e-mail clients somehow have their mail content flagged as chinese.

\Henrik

Sv: Chinese letters

Posted by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com>.
> > Is it possible to insert a filter mechanism in the listserver, så
> > settings for chinese letters are removed from messages. I mean this
> > is an english speaking thread, and people with chinese enabled e-mail
> > clients somehow have their mail content flagged as chinese.
> >
> Or just get a better E-Mail client that supports chinese encodings, like
> Netscape 4.7, and be a little bit more tolerant...
>
> Pier

I agree. I don't speak English as my first language either. I don't like when software companies take for granted that everybody speaks english. I like to be able to choose. But I also dislike how "modern" software becomes huge gobs of code that you don't need.
Given this is a developer oriented forum, the suggestion seemed sensible (although not crucial in any way)

On the other hand Outlook Express seems to have a buggy IMAP interface, so I'll probably install Netscape. You probably notice my dupe messages last week, but that's not all; It gets confused by my ISDN router connection. "Unknown error" every second time.
But I guess it's just typical for a corporation so focused on slickness that they forget technical quality.

\Henrik

Re: Chinese letters

Posted by Jeff Martin <je...@dial.pipex.com>.
It is cool unless your using my copy of Outlook witch fails to install the
language support when you ask it to :o(
Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.

Re: Chinese letters

Posted by "Hal Hildebrand (Work)" <hh...@us.oracle.com>.

--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<ma...@us.ibm.com>   <ma...@apache.org>

Re: Chinese letters

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.