Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2005/04/24 23:04:21 UTC

Question about dnsbl.t test

Could someone explain how setting my $bind in t/dnsbl.t is used in the test?
I don't see the variable being used anywhere. How does it end up being used
by the DNS resolver? I suspect it isn't in Net::DNS on Cygwin and WIN32, but
I don't see how it works anywhere.

 -- sidney

Re: Question about dnsbl.t test

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> It's not used in the t test itself.

Thanks, that helps. I suspect that whatever is causing the hang in bug 4278
has a symptom of a DNS query failing without hanging when it doesn't hang.
Now that I know that the $bind variable has nothing to do with it I can
track that down.

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> writes:

> Could someone explain how setting my $bind in t/dnsbl.t is used in the test?
> I don't see the variable being used anywhere. How does it end up being used
> by the DNS resolver? I suspect it isn't in Net::DNS on Cygwin and WIN32, but
> I don't see how it works anywhere.

It's not used in the t test itself.  That's documentation/source-control
and it is supposed to exactly match the section of the bind file put on
the DNS server.  It's possible it's out of date.

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/