Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Guenther Schmidt <gu...@epost.de> on 2003/03/08 00:34:06 UTC

Problem with form validation (and spelling, yes)

Hi all,

I've followed the wiki.cocoondev.org guidlines for form validation.

I just can't get it to work. (Below is the excerpt from the sub-sitemap)

<map:match pattern="*/inserieren/php/register">
<map:act type="form-validator">
  <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://validateRegister.xml"/>
  <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="registerClient"/>
  <map:serialize type="text"/>
</map:act>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

There are NO errors when I change the name of the descriptor to a non
existing file name.

Any ideas what's wrong ?

Guenther

(an old European) ;-)

Re: Problem with form validation (and spelling, yes)

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Guenther Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've followed the wiki.cocoondev.org guidlines for form validation.
>
> I just can't get it to work. (Below is the excerpt from the sub-sitemap)

Could you please post your complete pipeline as the fragment below is
syntactically incorrect as is. If it is a complete pipeline, then it is
missing a map:generate

> <map:match pattern="*/inserieren/php/register">
> <map:act type="form-validator">
>   <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://validateRegister.xml"/>
>   <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="registerClient"/>
>   <map:serialize type="text"/>
> </map:act>
> <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> There are NO errors when I change the name of the descriptor to a non
> existing file name.

Please state which version of Cocoon is used and include the relevant
parts of your logs (core.log, sitemap.log, you might need to increase
the loglevel). Relevant means here the complete processing of this request.

Cheers.

	Chris.