Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Juergen Hartelt <ju...@codework.de> on 1997/03/10 19:00:02 UTC

mod_dir/224: filenames are handeled with offset 2

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Mon Mar 10 13:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         224
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       filenames are handeled with offset 2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.1.3
>Environment:
uname -a says:
SunOS ben 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

type cc says:
cc is a tracked alias for /usr/ucb/cc
this should be the standard C compiler for that machine

cc options:
CFLAGS= -O2 -DXXX
LFLAGS=  -L.
AUX_CFLAGS= -Xa -DSOLARIS2
AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl

Apache info:
Server version Apache/1.1.3.
the server does not display the directory index file of / with "document not found".

when turning on the option indexes for the public directory, all displayed files are missing the first 2 characters.
>How-To-Repeat:
I got a .tar.gz file,
extracted it,
edited Configuration,
called ./Configure,
called make,
added -Xa to compiler options to compile ANSI-C,
called make again,
replaced old httpd with the new one,
accessed / in Browser,
got "document not found",
turned on option indexes for the public directory,
accessed / in Browser,
saw the first two chars missing on every file
>Fix:
someone else in our house did encounter this problem before in 1.0.5 and made the following change to mod_dir.c in function index_directories():

#ifndef XXX
        if((p = make_dir_entry(dstruct->d_name, dir_opts, dir_conf, r))) {
#else
        if((p = make_dir_entry((dstruct->d_name-2), dir_opts, dir_conf, r))) {
#endif

while the earlier version 1.0.5 was working without any problems after this change was applied, the new version 1.1.3 has problems with content negotiation, which could be related to the fix or the problem.
%0

Re: mod_dir/224: filenames are handeled with offset 2

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
/usr/ucb/cc is severely broken, and an ANSI C compiler like gcc should
be used.

--
chuck
Chuck Murcko