Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/10/15 23:26:14 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC1

Hello Kudu devs!

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.11.0.

Apache Kudu 1.11.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes
since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.11.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1039/

It is tagged in Git as 1.11.0-RC1 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=0d952614e8bbfc20d0f3f3bb23d794343e4d0e44

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.11.x/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and
running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.

The vote will run until Fri Oct 18 16:30:00 PDT 2019.  This is about 72
hours from the time of sending out this e-mail message.

Thanks,

Alexey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC1

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hey,

The news: it seems we will need to cut RC2.  Some bugs were found just
recently, and I think it makes sense to incorporate at least the following
fixes into 1.11 release:
  https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/14446/
  https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/14463/

I'll cherry pick other changes from the master branch into branch-1.11.x as
well to catch up and post a new RC for voting shortly.  Please let me know
if you have any question or concerns.

Thanks,

Alexey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC1

Posted by Adar Lieber-Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
-1

I built and ran all DEBUG tests in slow mode on Ubuntu 18.04 and
CentOS 6.6. Notable failures included:
- memory_gc-itest: looks like it's broken for most DEBUG builds, even
after Yingchun's deflake patch
(http://dist-test.cloudera.org:8080/test_drilldown?test_name=memory_gc-itest).
- kudu-tool-test: flaky test, submitted a patch here:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/14462
- cfile-test: SIGSEGV in
CacheMemoryTypes/TestCFileBothCacheMemoryTypes.TestReadWriteLargeStrings/1,
only on CentOS 6.6. Still debugging this one.

The cfile-test failure is concerning, the rest I can live with.
However, we have a few bugs with GetTableStatistics that should be
cleaned up via https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/14446/ and
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/14463/. So I'd vote for a new RC.