Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 20:08:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.2.0-incubating

Hello
I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
nifi-0.2.0-incubating.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1057/

The Git tag is nifi-0.2.0-incubating-RC1
The Git commit ID is e4f51eac9d1b9eabbb091a9f2c3eb1fee453cfc6
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nifi/repo?p=incubator-nifi.git;a=commit;h=e4f51eac9d1b9eabbb091a9f2c3eb1fee453cfc6

Checksums of nifi-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip:
MD5: 22301dc8d9006f73b0fb7aef395e6b92
SHA1: 1ed4c892d98c059865610fcb5140093c59999b4e

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mcgilman.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi/KEYS

110 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12332286

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.  Then
please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-0.2.0-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Dan Bress <db...@onyxconsults.com>.
+1

Signatures and Hashes match
build and tests run and pass contrib check
app starts behaves and stops as expected.  logs are free of warning or error messages

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

* Checksums and signature are good
* Project builds, passes tests, and passes rat check
* Convenience binary starts and recovers an existing flow, which still
works as expected
* Looked for new files for LICENSE and NOTICE requirements, looks fine

One minor thing I found was that when I tried to summarize the changes
since the last release, there was no 0.1.0 tag. There was only a 0.1.0
rc13 tag. It would be nice to have a reliable tag so I can view the
additions in the RC for things that possibly require updates to LICENSE
or NOTICE.

rb

On 07/09/2015 11:08 AM, Matt Gilman wrote:
> Hello
> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
> nifi-0.2.0-incubating.
>
> The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1057/
>
> The Git tag is nifi-0.2.0-incubating-RC1
> The Git commit ID is e4f51eac9d1b9eabbb091a9f2c3eb1fee453cfc6
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nifi/repo?p=incubator-nifi.git;a=commit;h=e4f51eac9d1b9eabbb091a9f2c3eb1fee453cfc6
>
> Checksums of nifi-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip:
> MD5: 22301dc8d9006f73b0fb7aef395e6b92
> SHA1: 1ed4c892d98c059865610fcb5140093c59999b4e

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mcgilman.asc
>
> KEYS file available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi/KEYS
>
> 110 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12332286
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours.
> Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
> including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.  Then
> please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-0.2.0-incubating
> [ ] +0 no opinion

Ryan Blue
Software Engineer
Cloudera, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
- Verified signature and hashes
- Source contains proper license/notice/disclaimer/readme
- Builds successfully with contrib-check
- Generated assembly runs and contains proper
license/notice/disclaimer/readme
- Tested an example flow, processors work as expected

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
* Hashes good

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1.