Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/24 01:41:42 UTC

chunked docbook

I have some really long articles in Docbook. I was using the chunked
stylesheet from docbook to span the article across multiple HTML
pages. However, forrest puts the whole thing on the same page. Is
there anyway of chunking the HTML output in forrest, other than
manually splitting it across files?

TIA,
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker

Re: chunked docbook

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I have some really long articles in Docbook. I was using the chunked
> stylesheet from docbook to span the article across multiple HTML
> pages. However, forrest puts the whole thing on the same page. Is
> there anyway of chunking the HTML output in forrest, other than
> manually splitting it across files?
>
> TIA,

The docbook stylesheet that forrest comes with is very simplistic and
cannot split across pages.  Have you read
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#docbook?  With some clever sitemap
matchers, you might be able to use the chunked DocBook stylesheet.  But
it could be tricky.. I'm not familiar with it.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming