Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org> on 2011/11/21 08:40:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.0-incubating (with release candidate rc1)

This will be the first incubator release for Apache Sqoop, version
1.4.0-incubating.

We got two IPMC votes from our dev list and are looking for a third.
 Thanks!

*** Please cast the vote by November 23, 2011 ***

Dev list vote result:
http://markmail.org/message/jehsoo2vi6xboovu

The list of fixed issues:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/branches/branch-1.4.0/CHANGES.txt

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5), license audit
result (log/*.ant_releaseaudit.log), and test result (log/*.ant_test.log):
http://people.apache.org/~blee/sqoop-1.4.0-incubating-rc1/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/tags/release-1.4.0-rc1

The KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sqoop/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.0-incubating (with release candidate rc1)

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked signatures/md5, ran RAT, tag looks good.

Cheers,
Tom

Posted by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org>.
*> I see.
> Not all the packages are marked @deprecated - for example
SqoopOptions.java.
> [Also, none of the files use the @Deprecated annotation, which is odd
> for a project that uses Java 1.6]
> I don't think these are blockers.*

Thanks for pointing this out.  Yes, that one (SqoopOptions) got missed
during migration and was fixed later in the trunk with SQOOP-393.  Will
look into it further for others as needed for the next release.

Thanks!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the comments!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 November 2011 19:25, Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21 November 2011 07:40, Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> This will be the first incubator release for Apache Sqoop, version
>>> 1.4.0-incubating.
>>>
>>> We got two IPMC votes from our dev list and are looking for a third.
>>>  Thanks!
>>>
>>> *** Please cast the vote by November 23, 2011 ***
>>>
>>> Dev list vote result:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/jehsoo2vi6xboovu
>>>
>>> The list of fixed issues:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/branches/branch-1.4.0/CHANGES.txt
>>>
>>> The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5), license audit
>>> result (log/*.ant_releaseaudit.log), and test result (log/*.ant_test.log):
>>> http://people.apache.org/~blee/sqoop-1.4.0-incubating-rc1/
>>
>> There are RAT run logs, but could not find the RAT reports.
>> I did not find any issues when running RAT locally, however please
>> provide the actual reports next time.
>>
>> The md5 hashes have an unusual format:
>>
>> sqoop-1.4.0-incubating.tar.gz: F8 80 44 33 7D D5 9B AF  DB 2D 1B 9B C9 AA C9 7B
>> rather than
>> F88044337DD59BAFDB2D1B9BC9AAC97B  sqoop-1.4.0-incubating.tar.gz
>> which means that some tools may not be able to process them.
>>
>> Not a blocker.
>>
>>> The tag to be voted upon:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/tags/release-1.4.0-rc1
>>
>> Lots of missing/incorrect SVN properties, see:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-395
>>
>> There are a lot of Java files with packages under com.cloudera.
>> I assume these will all be replaced with org.apache packages?
>>
>>> The KEYS file:
>>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sqoop/KEYS
>>>

>> The sqoop web-site is missing the required incubator disclaimer.
>> This needs to be fixed ASAP please.
>
> I have updated the website with disclaimer text on the main page. Once

Thanks for the very prompt attention to this.

The update looks good (inspected via the people proxy trick).

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.0-incubating (with release candidate rc1)

Posted by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org>.
The vote now passes with 3 +1 binding votes (including 2 from dev list
vote):
Tom White
Olivier Lamy (dev list vote)
Patrick Hunt (dev list vote)

Thanks for everyone who has reviewed and voted!

I will continue with the release process.