Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com> on 2003/05/20 17:03:20 UTC

Re: [Wyonacms-users] Cocoon to Lenya

Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> writes:

> Hi folks,

Hi Alex,

what are you up these days.

Sorry for the delayed answer, I'm working through my mail stack.

> I have a reasonably simple Cocoon application which I want to put
> into Lenya....
>
> I see there is this page
> http://www.wyona.org/docs/xdocs/int-create-pub.html which describes
> how you might do this. However it uses the ethz-mat sample
> publication and this was recently described as being out of date
> with the current version of Lenya.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether I should be following these instructions
> or not?

I would look at the default publication and see how it is done. The
way the default publication constructed is the way we want to go
forward. I also just finished a user tutorial which gives you a short
description on how to use the CMS.

Read the publication-sitemap of the default publication. It should be
pretty self-explanatory. Let me know if you have aby questions.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: [Wyonacms-users] Cocoon to Lenya

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

>>Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> writes:

<snip />

> I think the problem I have with understanding Lenya is what it is
> *supposed* to do, what it *can* currently do, and what is under
> development.

Maybe you can start by writing down your current understanding of it.
What about a feature section within the tab "Project Information" to
complement the roadmap?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk>.

At 11:12 27/05/03, Christian Egli wrote:
>Have you had a chance to look at the new default publication? It think
>it is a step towards making things easier to understand and get into.

I will try to when I have time :-(

Happily my client's project went live recently with 260000 german users! My
biggest project yet - in terms of number of people that is.

It is all perl based :-)
---------------------------

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> writes:

> sometime around a month and a bit ago I volunteered to help with
> documenting Lenya, and then I promptly got a new client who has been
> working me ten hour days, and getting me in on national holidays!
>
> So my apologies for not being as active as I promised.

No problem, we all need to make a living. Anyway, good to hear from
you. I thought you had disappeared of the face of the earth :-)

> I'm still of the opinion that the learning curve for Lenya is too high
> - we need to make things easier to use!

I think that is pretty obvious when you look at the posts in this
mailing list.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
> At 16:03 20/05/03, Christian Egli wrote:
>>Hi Alex,
>>what are you up these days.
>

> Well,
>
> sometime around a month and a bit ago I volunteered to help with
> documenting Lenya, and then I promptly got a new client who has been
> working me ten hour days, and getting me in on national holidays!

no problem, shit happens ;-)

> So my apologies for not being as active as I promised.
>
> I'm still of the opinion that the learning curve for Lenya is too high -
> we
> need to make things easier to use!

agreed, but where would you set the priorities?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk>.
At 16:03 20/05/03, Christian Egli wrote:
>Hi Alex,
>what are you up these days.

Well,