Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 16:16:56 UTC

Deployment on IBM WebSphere Application Server

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but maybe not, is there any plugin that would
automatize application deployment on an application server? Particularly on
IBM Websphere Application Server 6.0 (WAS).

Regards,

Gonzalo.-

Re: Deployment on IBM WebSphere Application Server

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/3, Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez <go...@gmail.com>:
> I've just implemented the abstract methods the compiler was complaining
> about, returning my proper WAS installation directory for the getWasHome()
> method and just null for getWasMQHome() method, but I don't know were do I
> configure the properties needed, particularly the "home", one.

Again, Gonzalo, this is not the place for discussing your problems
further. I suggest you to subscribe to the cargo mailing list:
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Mailing+Lists

Antonio

Re: Deployment on IBM WebSphere Application Server

Posted by Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez <go...@gmail.com>.
According to the hints provided on your replies, I downloaded the WebSphere
cargo-contrib from:

https://svn.codehaus.org/cargo-contrib/websphere/trunk

In it's pom.xml file it included a parent reference to:

    <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
    <artifactId>cargo-core-container-websphere</artifactId>
    <version>0.9-SNAPSHOT</version>

But I had to modify the version number to plain "0.9", as there is no
SNAPSHOT version on the central repository.

As of now, the plugin is not compiling, reporting the following error:

org.codehaus.cargo.container.websphere.WebsphereInstalledLocalContainer is
not abstract and does not override abstract method getWasMQHome() in
org.codehaus.cargo.container.websphere.internal.WebsphereContainer

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 4/3/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't use Websphere, but Cargo is a tool which helps deploy
> applications into various app servers, and it has an M2 plugin you
> might find useful.
>
> http://cargo.codehaus.org/

That's indeed one way of doing, but to my knowledge cargo doesn't yet
support websphere...

Cheers,

Jerome

Re: Deployment on IBM WebSphere Application Server

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't use Websphere, but Cargo is a tool which helps deploy
applications into various app servers, and it has an M2 plugin you
might find useful.

http://cargo.codehaus.org/

Wayne