Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bish Maten <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/28 17:36:11 UTC

WordCount example for double

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.1/mapred_tutorial.html

this example gives output in integer
Is there a version for double?

Thanks

Re: Mahout and Hadoop

Posted by be...@gmail.com.
Hey Bish
        AFAIK Cloudera repository has mahout now. So may be that should be included in the latest CDH3u2 demo VM from cloudera as well, but I'm not sure since I haven't checked the same yet. Please check the cloudera downloads for more details.
      AFAIK Mahout is just a collection of classes  and hence does it require some installation? If you can take some mahout releases 0.5 you may not even need to do the build. If you are taking the latest trunk then you have to do a build. I have played around with mahout CF some time back and I don't remember myself installing anything.

Regards
Bejoy K S

Posted by Bish Maten <bi...@yahoo.com>.

Re: WordCount example for double

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Everywhere IntWritable occurs change it to DoubleWritable.