Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by jim mcnamara <j-...@twcny.rr.com> on 2004/05/19 01:53:37 UTC

install questions

hi-

at first i thought because there was no windows binary that windows
wasnt supported.
then i read that it is supported but just not 100% yet.  so i decided to
try and install
and test it.  I uncompressed the sources by extracting to a directory
c:\tcl-rivet using powerarchive
file compression utility.

i used in windows xp start button --- run and typed these commands

"c:\program files\tcl\bin\wish84.exe" "c:\tcl-rivet\src\configure.tcl"
"c:\program files\tcl\bin\wish84.exe" "c:\tcl-rivet\src\make.tcl" shared
"c:\program files\tcl\bin\wish84.exe" "c:\tcl-rivet\src\make.tcl"
install

i didnt get any shared object in libexec directory :-(
"This should copy the shared object (like mod_rivet.so (i know that is a
linux file but
shouldnt the process above generate a .so windows counterpart)"
i used tar.gz zip file for installation.

there is no diagnostic messages that print out when i do it this
way so i cant even guess at what is going wrong.

i installed apache 1.3xx using a binary installer and i have tcl
in c:\program files\tcl version 8.4 or newer.
can someone who installed using windows xp give me a tip or 2 on
what i can try if it is possible to install using win xp.

thanks,
jim

Re: install questions

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"jim mcnamara" <j-...@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> at first i thought because there was no windows binary that windows
> wasnt supported.  then i read that it is supported but just not 100%
> yet.  so i decided to try and install and test it.  I uncompressed
> the sources by extracting to a directory c:\tcl-rivet using
> powerarchive file compression utility.

Pat Thoyts donated the files in the win/ subdirectory for building
Rivet under windows - you should start there.  He ecountered some
problems though... I'm not sure how things stand now, because I don't
have a windows machine, nor have access to one.  I do want to see
Rivet running on that platform, though, so help is appreciated:-)

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/