Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Zack Odell <zo...@sctelcom.com> on 2006/07/27 06:57:51 UTC

X-Spam Status Removed

Greetings

I have had much success using SA with amavis-new in blocking spam and any
other nasty email.

So the way my network looks is like this:

Server with SA/amavis-new & postfix receives all mail runs through any and
all tests and is then relayed to an internal mail server where my users
retrieve their mail.  The only problem that I am having is this.  The
relayed mail is stripped of the X-SPAM Status messages.  If I quarantine the
spam and virus emails to /var/amavis/quarantine I can still see the X-SPAM
status.

I know that I have read the if the email is destined for local delivery the
X-SPAM status will be present in the header.  My question is this.  Is it
possible to either pass that info along to the final destination or can I
copy one users email to a local folder and inspect the message.

I apologize if this has been asked before and is somewhere in the archive.

Thanks in advance.

Re: X-Spam Status Removed

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Zack Odell wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have had much success using SA with amavis-new in blocking spam and any
> other nasty email.
>
> So the way my network looks is like this:
>
> Server with SA/amavis-new & postfix receives all mail runs through any and
> all tests and is then relayed to an internal mail server where my users
> retrieve their mail.  The only problem that I am having is this.  The
> relayed mail is stripped of the X-SPAM Status messages.  If I quarantine the
> spam and virus emails to /var/amavis/quarantine I can still see the X-SPAM
> status.
>
> I know that I have read the if the email is destined for local delivery the
> X-SPAM status will be present in the header.  My question is this.  Is it
> possible to either pass that info along to the final destination or can I
> copy one users email to a local folder and inspect the message.

Does the internal mail server run SA and/or amavisd?

What tag levels did you configure in amavsid? I have
    $sa_tag_level_deflt  = undef;
    $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5.0;

Re: X-Spam Status Removed

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 20:57, Zack Odell wrote:
> then relayed to an internal mail server where my users
> retrieve their mail.

Why?  What's with that server?  Isn't that where your problem
lies?

--
John Andersen