Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org> on 2002/08/16 09:36:06 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Move, copy and delete of sources

Hi,

I try to finish the slide examples in the next days(My studies will get a
higher priority level in next time). To finish these examples I need
three methods for the WriteableSource:

 /**
  * Create a copy of the source at source.getSystemId(),
  * including all properties.
  */
 void copy(WriteableSource source) throws SourceException;

 /**
  * Moves this source to source.getSystemId(),
  * including all properties.
  */
 void move(WriteableSource source) throws SourceException;

 /**
  * Deletes this source.
  */
 void delete() throws SourceException;

There is also a method for collections(directories), which I need

 /**
  * Creates a new collection
  */
 void createSourceCollection(String name) throws SourceException;

But this method will I include into TraversableSource.

What do you think? Are anyone against these methods?

Thank you for your attention, Stephan Michels.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Move, copy and delete of sources

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> > > I try to finish the slide examples in the next days(My
> studies will get a
> > > higher priority level in next time). To finish these examples I need
> > > three methods for the WriteableSource:
>
> > Is this a feature that will make it back into 2.0.X?
>
> If I don't get a -1, and I applied the changes, it could easy backported.
> Do you need this for something?

If you mean, do I need it now? Yes, I would love it before 2.1 is released
[Carsten sent another email today hinting at large changes pending in 2.1
that won't be in alpha for another month and beta 2 mos after that. Yikes]

I'd prefer it in 2.0.3 because that's the latest release version.

As for specifically what I would like: two-way Cocoon. And a big part of
that is a generic interface to back end storage. Webdav seems like a great
way to do it.

After next week, I'll try to help,

Per

RE: [PROPOSAL] Move, copy and delete of sources

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.