Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jordan Redner <jr...@shopping.com> on 2005/02/24 22:58:15 UTC

Form field scrubbing

Does anyone know of an elegant way to intercept form input fields for
XSS (cross site scripting) attacks in a single place within a Tapestry
application?

So... if I have a simple method that does the String scrubbing for
malicious characters, it would be nice put this in place for all String
fields and be able to handle these cases with a single, handling
implementation.

Jordan

Re: Form field scrubbing

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
If you don't use <@Insert raw="true"> than peoples mailicious uploaded
<script>malicious</script> will be rendered out as
&lt;script&gt;malicious&lt;/&gt; ... is that the kind of thing you are
concerned about?

I suppose a IValidator could identify and/or scrub input as well.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:58:15 -0800, Jordan Redner <jr...@shopping.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an elegant way to intercept form input fields for
> XSS (cross site scripting) attacks in a single place within a Tapestry
> application?
>
> So... if I have a simple method that does the String scrubbing for
> malicious characters, it would be nice put this in place for all String
> fields and be able to handle these cases with a single, handling
> implementation.
>
> Jordan

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry