Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/15 18:02:29 UTC

Using Eclipse with M2

    I am using maven-eclipse-pluign. A typical classpath entry looks
like this:

<classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/xstream/xstream/1.1.3/xstream-1.1.3.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="src" path="/geronimo-core"/>
     Does this mean that the whole project must be checked out? It
would be nice if there were two entries for geronimo-* jars. The second
entry could refer to .m2 repo and be used only if the first one is
missing.
   Are there any instructions on how to use eclipse when working with
Geronimo?

Thanks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Using Eclipse with M2

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi Anita,

The eclipse plugin is clever enough to either add a project or its
JAR stored in your m2 repository. If you execute the plugin from a
specific module, then the generated .classpath has JAR entries for
the depending modules. If you execute the plugin against a set of
modules, then JAR entries are replaced by project reference entries.

Thanks,
Gianny