Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2019/04/06 01:35:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Hi folks!

Back when our stable pointer first moved off of branch-1.2 releases I
said I'd do ~6 months of releases[1]. I'm preparing an RC for the
1.2.12 release[2] and it's been ~6.5 months.

I intend 1.2.12 to be the last release I manage off of branch-1.2. If
anyone else sees a reason to keep this release line going and is
willing to step in as RM please speak up.

This is the template for the notice that's been in the ANNOUNCE emails
for 1.2.7 - 1.2.11:

> All users of previous 1.2.z releases are encouraged to upgrade to either
> this release or the latest in our stable release line, which is currently
> X.Y.Z. Releases in the 1.2.z line are expected to stop in late spring 2019.

Presuming no one wants to keep things going by the time a 1.2.12 VOTE
passes, I'll modify it to say the branch is EOL. About a month later
I'll do a dedicated EOL post to user@hbase, clean up project
references to the release line, and then remove the release from
dist.apache.org (it will remain along with all the others on
archive.apache.org).

[1]: https://s.apache.org/UEPy
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-22171

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 on EOL 1.2.x.

Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org> 于2019年4月6日周六 下午9:17写道:

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 on EOL 1.2.

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards,
Yu

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Allan Yang <al...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] EOL for branch-1.2

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Just a brief reminder that in about a week I'll be taking care of
marking HBase 1.2 as EOL.