Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/07/05 14:42:12 UTC

[FlexJS][Falcon] Lockups in the compiler

Hi,

I have been doing quite a lot of complies of ASJS lately. I encountered about 2-3% of the builds end up with the compiler completely locking up. I used to simply kill them and re-run the build, but this time I used jstack to dump a thread-dump of all threads of that VM. I thought, eventually this could help someone here to track down this problem. I stored the output in the ASF Paste Bucket here: https://paste.apache.org/jgmp

Just thought it was worth reporting.

Chris

Re: [FlexJS][Falcon] Lockups in the compiler

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Thanks, I will look into it.  I haven't seen it hang myself, but I saw in
the dump that addDependency was in there, which Lizhi reported as having
some thread-unsafe behavior.

-Alex