Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/06 15:13:52 UTC

Re: Subversion reports status fault on substituted drive

Bringing this from APR's list back to dev@s.a.o... For those affected
by issues with working copies on 'subst' drives on Windows (as
reported in mails such as [1], [2]) the following should come as
welcome news:

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 1:37 PM Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem with apr_stat(APR_FINFO_LINK | APR_FINFO_MIN) should be
> fixed by r1896717 [1] in trunk.
>
> This fix also should resolve performance regression in apr_stat()
> in most common cases.
>
> I plan to backport this fix to APR 1.7.x at some point later.
>
> Testing and review will be much appreciated! :)
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/r1896717
>
> --
> Ivan Zhakov

If possible I encourage to help with test and review. With any luck
hopefully SVN binary providers on Windows will be able to have this
issue fixed with the next release.

Cheers,
Nathan

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/yxhgoslnyqs9wn5ln2yq7kc24xhqrzym