Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Bryan Galloway <br...@rcn.com> on 2005/05/08 14:51:20 UTC

Support for framesets

Does Lenya support framesets?  We have (for several reasons) a  frame driven
site and there is no easy way to work around it.  I've downloaded Lenya, tweaked
the Lenya schemas to allow framesets and not require a body, and created a
frameset html file with the source editor.  However the file does not publish.
There are no errors. The status changes, but the live site doesn't reflect the
source changes.  Also, the authoring area, while it does retain the frameset
source for the page, does not diplay the frameset page.

So, is it possible to use Lenya on a frame driven site?

Thanks,

-Bryan

Re: Support for framesets

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Bryan Galloway wrote:
> Does Lenya support framesets?  We have (for several reasons) a  frame driven
> site and there is no easy way to work around it.  I've downloaded Lenya, tweaked
> the Lenya schemas to allow framesets and not require a body, and created a
> frameset html file with the source editor.  However the file does not publish.
> There are no errors. The status changes, but the live site doesn't reflect the
> source changes.  Also, the authoring area, while it does retain the frameset
> source for the page, does not diplay the frameset page.

i have frankly never tried framesets with lenya. one thing to check is
that i am pretty sure there are some xsl doctype2xhtml probably? that
expect the body element to be there, that would need to be modified
accordingly.