Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edd Dawson <Ed...@choosemcs.co.uk> on 2005/01/12 16:12:15 UTC

Tomcat monitoring scripts

Hi

Does anyone know of the location of any scripts (for Linux) that will
monitor tomcat every x minutes and if it finds it not running will
restart it automatically?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Edd

Re: Tomcat monitoring scripts

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
how about these

http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/

http://www.eveandersson.com/arsdigita/free-tools/keepalive.html

hope one of them helps.

peter

Posted by Edd Dawson <Ed...@choosemcs.co.uk>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
most people use Perl or shell scripts to do that. There's plenty of
scripts on the net for doing that by the process id. sorry, I don't
have any links handy. google is your friend.

peter

Posted by Rajaneesh <ra...@slk-soft.com>.
Another simple way is to have start a tomcat once in 2 min using a shell
script. If tomcat instance is already
running then the ports are in use which prevents the another tomcat instance
running.

But in this case If the tomcat hangs and the port is in use by other
application, there is no means to restart it
and monitoring of tomcat is not attached here.

Regards
Rajaneesh

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.
I have this running on my dev, and so far i have not had any issues with it.

Posted by Faisal Abdullah <ap...@gmail.com>.
On demand restarts with:

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.