Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Turoff <st...@home.com> on 2001/07/15 06:45:09 UTC

RE: Restarting Tomcat on NT - Solved

Turning off ZoneAlarm solved the problem.

Steve

When to start a new JVM?

Posted by Bora Paksoy <b_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there;

I am actually a java developer who was asked to manage
some Tomcat instance;) Hence, this question may sound
dumb, but excuse my sys-admin skills.

Anyways, I know that you can start multiple-jvms and
even different instances on different machines, but I
was wondering how people decide when to start a new
JVM? I mean, when do you know that current jvm is
fully used and that you should start a new one and
balance the load on two? Also, how do you know that
current machine has enough load and can't support any
more requests, and load should be balanced on two
machines? Is there any tool that tells you that one
specific jvm process is fully loaded, likewise is
there any tool that tells you that this machine is
fully loaded and load should be distributed on
different machines ?

Thanks,
Baho.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/