Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Kevin Pauli <ke...@thepaulis.com> on 2012/12/19 23:03:00 UTC

Satisfying Zookeper dependency when installing Accumulo in CentOS

I'm trying to install Accumulo in CentOS.  I have installed the jdk and
hadoop, but can't seem to make Accumulo install happy wrt zookeeper.

I installed Zookeper according to the instructions here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperStarted.html#sc_InstallingSingleMode

And Zookeeper is running:

$ sudo bin/zkServer.sh start
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /usr/lib/zookeeper-3.4.5/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Starting zookeeper ... STARTED

But when trying to install Accumulo, this is what I get:

$ sudo rpm -ivh Downloads/accumulo-1.4.2-1.amd64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
zookeeper is needed by accumulo-1.4.2-1.amd64

Kevin Pauli

Re: Satisfying Zookeper dependency when installing Accumulo in CentOS

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.
Nvm you're a step behind where I thought you were at. Turns out I'm of no
help :)

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.

Posted by Kevin Pauli <ke...@thepaulis.com>.
I found /opt/accumulo, but there was no accumulo-env.sh under the conf
directory.  I'm going to give up on the RPM way of installing and try the
tar way.  Thanks.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Posted by Kevin Pauli <ke...@thepaulis.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.