Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pieter Ennes <li...@spam.ennes.net> on 2008/09/23 22:00:02 UTC

Outputting variables in .jtl file

Hi,

I am searching for clever ways to dump some script variables into the
JTL output file, so I can extract the values from there after execution
is done.

Is there any such thing to think of, or are variables only usable inside
a script?

(The reason is that I want to start the next script where the first one
left of (sort of), so the grabbed variables would be input parameters
for the next script)

Thanks!
--
 - Pieter

Re: Outputting variables in .jtl file

Posted by Pieter Ennes <li...@spam.ennes.net>.
sebb wrote:
> On 23/09/2008, Pieter Ennes <li...@spam.ennes.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I am searching for clever ways to dump some script variables into the
>>  JTL output file, so I can extract the values from there after execution
>>  is done.
>>
>>  Is there any such thing to think of, or are variables only usable inside
>>  a script?
>
> Yes, with 2.3.2 you can define a list of variables to output to the JTL file:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables
>
> If you suppress all the other columns, you can create a file with just
> the variables.

Sounds like that is exactly what I need. Thanks for this new feature
(whoever made it)!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.