Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mahmoud Almokadem <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/28 11:11:17 UTC

Clean checkbox on DIH

Hello,

I'd like to request to uncheck the "Clean" checkbox by default on DIH page,
cause it cleaned the whole index about 2TB when I click Execute button by
wrong. Or show a confirmation message that the whole index will be cleaned!!

Sincerely,
Mahmoud

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Mahmoud,
Would it help to have field validation? If the DIH fields are still default when you press execute, then field validation puts out a message and blocks any clearing. Just an idea, please excuse if I am off track. -- Rick

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Mahmoud Almokadem <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn,

We already use the admin UI for testing and bulk uploads. We are using curl
scripts for automation process.

I'll report the issues regarding the new UI on JIRA.

Thanks,
Mahmoud

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Mahmoud Almokadem <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: Clean checkbox on DIH

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good candidate for JIRA issue to me (maybe there is one
even?). Then people can vote, propose patches or offer alternative
solutions (e.g. a big exclamation mark or what not).

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced