Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/03/31 16:29:33 UTC

Public snapshots, javadocs and CI

Hi,

There were questions recently about making public snapshots of Sling
available, and also about making javadocs available.

I'm not an expert w.r.t to configuration of continuous integration
servers - could someone outline what's needed to make this happen?

I assume we need the artifacts created by our continuum server [1] to
be pushed somewhere when the builds are successful, but I'm not sure
how to set that up. RTFM links are welcome of course.

In the future, we might also want to generate the Sling website using
Sling, based on a similar mechanism. But that's another story.

-Bertrand

[1] http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?projectGroupId=53

Re: Public snapshots, javadocs and CI

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I assume we need the artifacts created by our continuum server [1] to
>> be pushed somewhere when the builds are successful, but I'm not sure
>> how to set that up. RTFM links are welcome of course.
>
> The easiest way to do that is to use the new repository.apache.org
> server. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 and
> related links for background.

I have created SLING-917 to track this.
-Bertrand

Re: Public snapshots, javadocs and CI

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I assume we need the artifacts created by our continuum server [1] to
>> be pushed somewhere when the builds are successful, but I'm not sure
>> how to set that up. RTFM links are welcome of course.
>
> The easiest way to do that is to use the new repository.apache.org
> server. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 and
> related links for background.

Ok, I'll take a look at that in the next days.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Public snapshots, javadocs and CI

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I assume we need the artifacts created by our continuum server [1] to
> be pushed somewhere when the builds are successful, but I'm not sure
> how to set that up. RTFM links are welcome of course.

The easiest way to do that is to use the new repository.apache.org
server. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 and
related links for background.

BR,

Jukka Zitting