Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by dan <da...@bamlabs.com> on 2012/06/07 19:53:38 UTC

Re: Workaround for SHIRO-344?

Hi Les,

Just a ping to see if there is an ETA on a 1.2.1 bug fix release.  It would
seem that a project as important as Shiro would have periodic bug fix
releases.

(I'm starting to wonder if you guys have a policy against maintenance
releases.  With 1.1.0 there weren't any and the same thing is happening with
1.2.0. )

Best,
Dan

Re: Workaround for SHIRO-344?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Glad it's working well for you!

Best,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282

Re: Workaround for SHIRO-344?

Re: Workaround for SHIRO-344?

Posted by dan <da...@bamlabs.com>.
Hi Les,

Another approach might be to attempt to address reported bugs on an on-going
basis, thus keeping Shiro in a "known-bug-free" state.

The current approach implies that several people have to trip over the same
bug for it to have "high enough interest"  to get fixed -- which can make
for a more troubling out-of-box experience for users.  (Also, the current
approach might seem to suggest future distributions will have an increasing
number of bugs.)

An good example of this other approach, in a similar but different project,
is the hazelcast project, where they regularly come out with minor releases.

Just my 2 cents (from one of Shiro's big fans!),
Dan

Re: Workaround for SHIRO-344?

Posted by Alex opn <op...@googlemail.com>.
+1 for a fix : )