Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Martin Skarsaune <ma...@skarsaune.net> on 2008/06/24 15:06:41 UTC

Problem with JNDI lookup in WebSphere 6.1

Hi guys,

Thanks for feedback on my previous post.

Another problem is blocking mail sending though:

I get this error in my logs:

"
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/grip/logs/server1/SystemOut_08.06.24_13.29.45.log:javax.naming.ConfigurationException:
A JNDI operation on a "java:" name cannot be completed because the
serverruntime is not able to associate the operation's thread with any J2EE
application component.  This condition can occur when the JNDI client using
the "java:" name is not executed on the thread of a server application
request.  Make sure that a J2EE application does not execute JNDI operations
on "java:" names within static code blocks or in threads created by that
J2EE application.  Such code does not necessarily run on the thread of a
server application request and therefore is not supported by JNDI operations
on "java:" names. [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name comp/env/mail not found in context "java:".]
"

I assume continuum spawns background threads to build? Is that correct?

Not really any hope of sending mails from WebSphere (6.1) then is there?

Cheers!

Martin

* Martin Skarsaune
* Lusetjernveien 106b
* 1253 Oslo
* Norway
* Tel: (+47) 22 62 24 39 / Mob: 98 22 05 03
* martin@skarsaune.net

Re: Problem with JNDI lookup in WebSphere 6.1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Martin Skarsaune <ma...@skarsaune.net>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for feedback on my previous post.
>
> Another problem is blocking mail sending though:
>
> I get this error in my logs:
>
> "
>
> /opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/grip/logs/server1/SystemOut_08.06.24_13.29.45.log:javax.naming.ConfigurationException:
> A JNDI operation on a "java:" name cannot be completed because the
> serverruntime is not able to associate the operation's thread with any J2EE
> application component.  This condition can occur when the JNDI client using
> the "java:" name is not executed on the thread of a server application
> request.  Make sure that a J2EE application does not execute JNDI
> operations
> on "java:" names within static code blocks or in threads created by that
> J2EE application.  Such code does not necessarily run on the thread of a
> server application request and therefore is not supported by JNDI
> operations
> on "java:" names. [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
> Name comp/env/mail not found in context "java:".]
> "
>
> I assume continuum spawns background threads to build? Is that correct?

Yes.

> Not really any hope of sending mails from WebSphere (6.1) then is there?

Our jndi config is fine and work is lot of app server, I don't have webshere
to test it.
If you have an issue with the resource name, you can :
- change the res-ref-name in web.xml
- change the 'jndiSessionName' in
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/plexus/application.xml
- create a deployment descriptor

Let us now how you solve it. If you look under WEB-INF directory, you'll see
we have a specific deployment descriptor for JBoss, maybe we need to do the
same for Websphere

Emmanuel