Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by ocp8i2002 <oc...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/27 17:25:10 UTC

Need help in ASP

I have a small requirement in Active Server Pages:

I have two tables in MS-Access 2000.

Table : Question, it has following columns

	Question-<test>
	Question#
	Question
	OptionA
	OptionB
	OptionC
	OptionD
	Correct Answer

Table: Answer
	Email
	Date
	Test#
	Question#
	Answer
	Correct Ans

When user comes to the first page, he enters his Email / UserID.  In
the second page he is going to select Test Desired from the following
list:

Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
Test 5

Based on the test user selected, it is going to read from Question_1
or Question_2, Question_3, Question_4 ....

User will be presented with 20 Questions with 4 choices.  User is
allowed to move to Previous Question, Next Question or End Exam.

When User click on End Exam it should display, the result along with
Wrong answers highlighted in Red Color.

In the answer table, I want to store his Email / UserID, Date (nothing
but system date), Test#, Question, Answer (what user selected),
Correct Ans (this comes from Question table).

Any ASP gurus, can you help in developing these 2 pages, hope it will
take less than 3 or 4 hours.  I appreciate if anybody can help me in
giving the code or resources where I can find similar kind of
functionality, I can do little modifications.  Basically I am not a
ASP developer, so I need a starting point, I will refer some books and
go from there.

I am going to run on Intranet, so we don't need to worry much about
performance.

Thanks in advance.

Srini

Re: Need help in ASP

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
ocp8i2002 wrote:
> I have a small requirement in Active Server Pages:
>
> I have two tables in MS-Access 2000.

I think you have emailed the wrong ASP mailing list.
This mailing list is dedicated to Apache::ASP, which is
a Perl script native port of Active Server Pages for Apache.
Chances are that you are interested in IIS/VBScript ASP
instead, & I would recommend you find a users group for that.

> Any ASP gurus, can you help in developing these 2 pages, hope it will
> take less than 3 or 4 hours.  I appreciate if anybody can help me in
> giving the code or resources where I can find similar kind of
> functionality, I can do little modifications.  Basically I am not a
> ASP developer, so I need a starting point, I will refer some books and
> go from there.

I am guessing that for the work you want to do, custom development
would like take 4-7 days, not 3-4 hours.  You can probably hire someone
off this list to do this for you if you are looking for that kind of
help.  Since you are looking for an online learning system, you might
look for off the shelf components like Macromedia's Authorware:

   http://www.macromedia.com/software/authorware/

There are dozens of other companies that offer off the shelf elearning
publishers & I have experience with none of them, including authorware,
just giving a link.  Good luck with your search.

Regards,

Josh