Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/10/02 18:15:24 UTC

Re: any tips on debugging?

If you want to see the reduce phase running on your cluster, looking at
the UI provided by the hadoop jobtracker will do it.  This will allow
you to see stdout, stderr, and logging output from the task.  If you're
looking to actually attach to the reduce process with a debugger the
easiest way to do that is run a cluster locally on your machine and
attach the debugger to the reducer when it starts.

Alan.