Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by wh...@sybase.com on 2005/05/18 16:28:04 UTC

How to become a volunteer for bug fixing?

Hi there,

I just submitted a critical bug (#34959) for commons-modeler. Here's the

Bug ID: 34959
exception

If a model MBean has an overloaded operation (an operation with two or
more signatures),
only one of them can be successfully invoked at runtime. Invoking others
will throw
"Wrong number of parameters" exception.

Through initial investigation, I have found out the cause of the problem:

Class org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean internally stores and
caches
operations in a hashmap. The key to the hashmap is the operation name.
Therefore,
if an operation has multiple signatures, only one of them (the first one
loaded) is stored
in the hashmap. Invoking the same method with a different signature will
cause
"wrong number of parameters" exception.

I have been using Apache commons libraries for years and would like to
contribute something back to the
community. Can someone tell me how to become a volunteer for bug fixing?

Thanks,

Joe Hu
Staff Software Engineer - Architect
ITSG