Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kalaiselvan <ka...@netscape.net> on 2003/03/24 10:46:13 UTC

Object inside another Object

Hi All,
        I want a help from you guys. I have created a sampleAction.class
using extend the Action class. This Action class create a Vector and put
it into Session. I have retrieve using <bean:write property="sample"
scope="session">. But here i have some problem, because this getSample()
method return vector. This vector has another bean. Where how can i
retrieve the properties from this bean. Please help.

thanx
Kalai

Re: Generate from Hashtable

Posted by Kalaiselvan <ka...@netscape.net>.
Hi,
   I have a hashtable having the (countrcode,countrydesc). Is there any
option to use struts taglib to display it in <select> tag.
Thanx
Kalaiselvan

Re: Object inside another Object

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
You should use the <html:select> tag with <html:options>

Define a form-bean that will have a "contry" property, and two collections that will maintain labels and values for your
options.

Look at tag doc :
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/struts-html.html#options

This way you will have current selected value automatically set to "select" in generated HTML, and you will
automatically get back selected value form user in form-bean.

Try using tags instead of scriptlets, your JSP will become more readable.

Nico.

Posted by Kalaiselvan <ka...@netscape.net>.
yes. I'm using it in <select> tag.

I  have a hashtable that contain countrycode, countrydesc

<select name="country">
<%if ( countries != null )
    {
            Enumeration keys = countries.keys();
            while ( keys.hasMoreElements() )
                {
                        String key = (String)keys.nextElement();
                        String selectedFlag = "";
                        if( key.equalsIgnoreCase(<bean:write
name="employee" property="country">) )
                            selectedFlag = "selected";
%>
                    <option value="<%=key%>" <%=selectedFlag%>
 ><%=countries.get(key)%></option>
<%            }
            }
%>