Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Carlos Aguni <ag...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/22 06:36:01 UTC

automatically/dinamically renew aws temporary token

hi all,

i've a scenario where I need to assume a cross account role to have S3 bucket access.

the problem is that this role only allows for 1h time span (no negotiation).

that said.
does anyone know a way to tell spark to automatically renew the token
or to dinamically renew the token on each node?
i'm currently using spark on AWS glue.

wonder what options do I have.

regards,c.

Re: automatically/dinamically renew aws temporary token

Posted by Carlos Aguni <ag...@gmail.com>.
hi all,

thank you for your reply.

> Can’t you attach the cross account permission to the glue job role? Why
the detour via AssumeRole ?
yes Jorn, i also believe this is the best approach. but here we're dealing
with company policies and all the bureaucracy that comes along.
in parallel i'm trying to argue on that path. by now even requesting an
increase on the session duration is a struggle.
but at the moment, since I was only allowed the AssumeRole approach i'm
figuring out a way through this path.

> https://github.com/zillow/aws-custom-credential-provider
thank you Pol. I'll take a look into the project.

regards,c.

Posted by Pol Santamaria <po...@qbeast.io>.
Hi Carlos!

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.