Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/10 13:21:10 UTC

[VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

The vote passes with the following results:

*+1 Binding:*
OmPrakash Muppirala
Alex Harui
Nicholas Kwiatkowski
Frédéric THOMAS

*+1 Non-binding:*
Cyrill Zadra
Mark Kessner

Om, Justin, could you drive me on what I have to do to publish it, etc....

Thanks guys for your time and have tested it,
- Fred

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

> Is there a model for the installer announcement ? (I found one for the SDK
> but not the installer in the list history)

Please use this as a template: http://markmail.org/message/dew6bwanevdbcabw
Remember not to use the term 'incubator' though :-)

> Do I have to wait 24 hours to make an announcement ?

That would be a good idea as it will give time for the artifacts to
propagate through the mirrors.

Also, please remember to change the version number and SDKInstallerApp
filename and path in this file:
http://flex.apache.org/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
For Spoon, all we can hope is that it's still alive and someone from
the organisation is reading this. If it's dead, well...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Nick, Btw, if you tweet the link, I'll re-tweet it ;-)

-Fred

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Replied to the blog post!

FYI for others, an MD5 error usually means that the mirror site served up a
corrupted artifact and as a results the MD5 hashes do not match.  In this
case, the Installer alerts the user and aborts.

The workaround is to run the installer again and a new mirror will be
selected and the install should go through fine.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think you file an INFRA JIRA issue to get a blog account then one of the
blog admins can add you.

Not sure about FB.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I think Jeffery Houser is one of the admins on FB.  You may want to contact
him.

-Nick

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Twitter?

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Sure, spread the word ;-)

Thanks,
-Fred

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Fred,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
I think everything is ok now.

Thanks,
-Fred

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Ok, so, how do I edit the footer ?

Thanks,
-Fred

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

config file at http://flex.apache.org/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml is

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I don't want consistency for the sake of it.  I dont see any advantage of using a develop branch for utilities.
I don't see it as consistency for consistency sake and I'd rather not have to try and remember how all the repo's differ from each other. We could also run into issue when want to make fixes/changes to utilities while a vote is going on, further down the track if you had 2 votes going on ie one for the installer and one for the the mavin stuff for instance then there's the potential for it to get messy. Or perhaps we break it up into yet more repos? Unless we want to revisit having a development branch at all and do all work in trunk?

> The tlf project does not have a develop branch as well.

It does actually, you see if you do a git branch -r.

Justin

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > We decided a while ago that we dont need a develop branch for utilities
> > since it is low traffic.
> Wouldn't  it better to be consistent across the whole project? It is what
> was voted on after all.
>
> Justin

I don't want consistency for the sake of it.  I dont see any advantage of
using a develop branch for utilities.  My understanding was that the vote
was for the SDK repo alone.  The tlf project does not have a develop branch
as well.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Can you do a 'git pull' and 'git tag -l' and check you have a
'apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.5' ?

Thanks,
-Fred

[VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Hi,

> That's because I tagged it apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.5.4-RC5, how should
> I tag it ?

"apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.5.4" or just "apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.5"

Justin

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
That's because I tagged it apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.5.4-RC5, how should I
tag it ?

-Fred

[VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Hi,

> - 'git pull' followed by 'git tag -l' should update and give you the tag
> list

Yep and there's no 2.5 release tag that I can see.

Justin

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Inline comments

-Fred

- This one: http://flex.apache.org/timeline.html

If it this page you edit it like any other:
http://flex.apache.org/about-history.html

(It's also missing the 4.9.1 release I just noticed can if you can add that
as well that would be helpful).

- I will take care of this one in a bit

If it the latest new section on the front page that's generated from
http://blogs.apache.org/flex/.

Looks like this page has been updated:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

This page needs to be updated:
http://flex.apache.org/download-archive.html

- I will take care of this one in a bit

And this page may also need to be updated:
http://flex.apache.org/download-utilities.html

- This one is ok to me

> I can't update the JIRA for the new version, can someone give me the right
> karma ?
Added the 2.0 and 2.5 tags for you in JIRA.

- Thanks

However I don't see a tag in git - of course they could just be me and it's
there but I can't see it. Probably best to remove the RC tags as they are no
longer important.

- 'git pull' followed by 'git tag -l' should update and give you the tag
list

On that subject how would someone check out version 2.5 of the installer and
make a patch from it? Has the release version been merged into the master
branch? Do we even have a develop branch for utilities?

- 'git checkout <TAG>'
- There's no develop branch, we work on the master one

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> How do I edit the timeline.html ?
Note sure what page you mean here.

If it this page you edit it like any other:
http://flex.apache.org/about-history.html

(It's also missing the 4.9.1 release I just noticed can if you can add that as well that would be helpful).

If it the latest new section on the front page that's generated from http://blogs.apache.org/flex/.

Looks like this page has been updated:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

This page needs to be updated:
http://flex.apache.org/download-archive.html

And this page may also need to be updated:
http://flex.apache.org/download-utilities.html

> I can't update the JIRA for the new version, can someone give me the right karma ?
Added the 2.0 and 2.5 tags for you in JIRA.

However I don't see a tag in git - of course they could just be me and it's there but I can't see it. Probably best to remove the RC tags as they are no longer important.

On that subject how would someone check out version 2.5 of the installer and make a patch from it? Has the release version been merged into the master branch? Do we even have a develop branch for utilities?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5: (was: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 2.5.4 - RC5)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,